Burgert Brothers was Tampa's leading commercial photographic firm from 1917 to the early 1960s. Established by brothers Al and Jean, the studio focused primarily on photographing the Tampa Bay area, including Ybor City, Port Tampa, Temple Terrace, and Ballast Point. The Burgert Brothers' photographs captured Tampa's development from small town to major city and include images of daily activities, festivals, churches, homes, businesses, and streets.
Thanks to a generous gift from the Frank E. Duckwall Foundation in 1996 all 859 prints in the Burgert Brothers Collections have been digitized and are available online.
Copyright - click here.