Sape A. Zylstra Collection of Tampa Photographs

 

Creator

Sape A Zylstra

Files

Download

Download Full Text (3.4 MB)

Preview

image preview

Identifier

Z03-A008

Creation Date

January 2010

Keywords

Clubs, Florida, Tampa, Slides, Ybor City (Tampa, Fla.), Color slides

Publisher

University of South Florida Tampa Library

Abstract

This rectangular building in red brick with granite trim replaced the 1882 club designed by A. H. Andrews, which was the first large building in the then recently surveyed site. Giavino Gutierrez did the survey and laid out the city plan. The present building is in the Ybor City Historic District. It's design is the quietest of the mutual aid clubs in Ybor City; its cornice/ balustrade, for example, is much less ponderous than that of the Italian Club or Centro Asturiano. Architect Francis Kennard was active in Tampa for more than three decades. This is the southeast view. Title supplied by cataloger. Description supplied by Sape A. Zylstra.

Description

1 online resource (1 slide col.)

Subject: geographic

Florida; Tampa; Ybor City (Tampa, Fla.)

Subject: topical

Clubs

Type

Image

Holding Location

University of South Florida

Keywords

Clubs, Florida, Tampa, Slides, Ybor City (Tampa, Fla.), Color slides

Share

 
COinS
 

Rights Statement

In Copyright