Sape A. Zylstra Collection of Tampa Photographs

 

Creator

Sape A Zylstra

Files

Download

Download Full Text (3.3 MB)

Preview

image preview

Identifier

Z03-A018

Creation Date

January 2010

Keywords

Architecture, Domestic, Florida, Tampa, Slides, Colonial revival (Architecture), Color slides

Publisher

University of South Florida Tampa Library

Abstract

Originally, the house had a flat roof and wrought-iron balconies at the second-floor windows. Its symmetry and window proportions and spacing are part of its Georgian (Revival) character. It was built ca. 1885 by the Plant Steamship Company for an employee. Henry Johnson, a captain in the Spanish-American War, bought it in 1893, after which date the hipped roof and pediment were added, quite in keeping with the rest and, in fact, an improvement. Ethel Wolff, Johnson's daughter, later owned it. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places. This view is the east facade. Title supplied by cataloger. Description supplied by Sape A. Zylstra.

Description

1 online resource (1 slide col.)

Subject: geographic

Florida; Tampa

Subject: topical

Architecture, Domestic; Colonial revival (Architecture)

Type

Image

Holding Location

University of South Florida

Keywords

Architecture, Domestic, Florida, Tampa, Slides, Colonial revival (Architecture), Color slides

Share

 
COinS
 

Rights Statement

In Copyright