Art and Art History Collection (Saskia)

The Portinari Altar (Right panel)

Creator

Unknown

Files

Download

Download image (3.4 MB)

Publisher

Saskia, Ltd., Cultural Documentation

Abstract

Tommaso Portinari, who loved Flemish art, commissioned Hugo van der Goes to paint the Portinari alterpiece. This great triptych, painted in Bruges in around 1475, originally stood on the high altar of the church of Sant

Keywords

Florence, Italy, Florence, Italy, (Church of Sant, Style: Netherlandish Northern Renaissance, School: Northern Renaissance, Movement: Renaissance, Flemish, Painting;, Painting

Subject: topical

Style: Netherlandish Northern Renaissance; School: Northern Renaissance; Movement: Renaissance; Flemish; Painting;

Subject: geographic

Florence, Italy; Florence, Italy, (Church of Sant

Time Period

1476-78

Rights

This material is licensed by USF Libraries for the research and teaching needs of USF students, staff, and faculty only. See: https://lib.usf.edu/collections-and-discovery/collection-management/user-terms/

Access Restrictions

Only thumbnail images and descriptive information are available to non-USF users. Full access to this collection is available only to authorized users on the USF network on campus or via VPN.

Genre

Painting; picture

Holding Location

University of South Florida USF

Collection

Art and Art History (Saskia)

Identifier

A01-LFF0422

The Portinari Altar (Right panel)

Share

COinS