The Burgert Brothers Photographic Collection presents a pictorial record of the commercial, residential, and social growth of Tampa Bay and Florida's West coast from the mid-1800s to the mid-1960s. The photographs came from Burgert Brothers Inc., a commercial photography studio founded in 1917 after Al and Jean Burgert purchased William A. Fishbaugh’s commercial photography studio. The Burgert Brothers’ studio took approximately 80,000 photos during its operation up to the mid-1960s. After the Burgert Brothers Studio closed, the photographs and negatives were stored in a tin-roofed garage in South Tampa. Many negatives were destroyed by heat, humidity, and rain.
"Finding Relics in the Burgert Brothers Photographs,"
Sunland Tribune: Vol. 34
, Article 6.
Available at: https://digitalcommons.usf.edu/sunlandtribune/vol34/iss1/6