Work and Family Interaction
Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
This third edition again brings together interdisciplinary contributions to provide a comprehensive and multifaceted resource that reflects the breadth and depth of research on family communication and family relationships.
Chapters continue to address theoretical and methodological issues influencing current conceptions of family and cover communication occurring in a variety of family forms and across social, cultural, and physical contexts.
This third edition includes key updates, such as:
- The use and influence of social media and technology in families
- Parenting and communication in culturally and structurally diverse families
- Communication and physical health of family members
- Managing personal information about difficult topics in families
- The influence of the COVID-19 pandemic on family members
This handbook is ideal for students and researchers interested in interpersonal and family communication, relationships, and family therapy within the disciplines of communication, social psychology, clinical psychology, sociology, and family studies.
Was this content written or created while at USF?
Citation / Publisher Attribution
Work and Family Interaction, in A. Vangelisti (Ed.), The Routledge Handbook of Family Communication, Routledge, p. 377-390
Scholar Commons Citation
Buzzanell, Patrice M., "Work and Family Interaction" (2021). Communication Faculty Publications. 969.