Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
Lamotrigine is a new generation antiepileptic which blocks sodium channels and can cause significant toxicity in overdose. A case of a three-year-old child who suffered a seizure and required endotracheal intubation after accidental lamotrigine ingestion is presented. The lamotrigine concentration measured 23.2 mcg/mL which is the highest reported after accidental pediatric exposure. A review of the literature regarding pediatric lamotrigine poisoning is also included.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
Was this content written or created while at USF?
Citation / Publisher Attribution
Case Reports in Emergency Medicine, v. 2019, art. 2675931
Scholar Commons Citation
Griswold, Ashley; Tully, Briana; Katz, Kenneth; Beauchamp, Gillian; Cook, Matthew; and Cannon, Robert, "Lamotrigine ODT-Induced Seizure in a 3-Year-Old Child after Accidental Ingestion" (2019). Pediatrics Faculty Publications. 13.